Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Seas Aqua Tour and Epcot - Day 5

Sleeping in a bit this morning felt good after our long day and late night last night. We had another big day planned today so a good sleep was needed.

Today Mackenzie and I were going on the Seas Aqua Tour in Epcot. This is a tour where you go behind the scenes at the aquarium located in The Seas with Nemo and Friends Pavilion. You get to swim with the sharks, stingrays, fish, sea turtles and creatures of the seas. This is the second largest salt water tank in North America with a 5.7 million gallon tank! Our tour started at 12:30 so we decided to go to the park just before.

We met our group outside the park at the customer service area and our guides came out to meet us and take us back. There were only 6 of us in the group which was a nice number. We got to tour behind the scenes first and learn about how the fish were feed, cared for and the different types. We saw the manatees and dolphins and then, into the change rooms to get on our wetsuits. At the tank we were given a quick lesson on how our supplied-air snorkel units worked, got suited up and into the water. The water was quite cool they warned us. One of the guides asked me if the water was too cold and I said, 'Honey, this feels like a bit of heaven for a woman who's pre-menopausal.' He thought that was pretty great and said that he would tell his wife he has found a solution for her. ha!
All geared up and ready to swim!
This was the most amazing thing to do! We swam in the tank for 30 minutes and had all the creatures mentioned above swimming right underneath us! It was so incredible! We would do this again in a heartbeat! What a feeling! We couldn't take any pictures, but that was fine. I won't forget this experience.

After our exhilarating experience in the tank, we had worked up an appetite. We went out for burgers and fries. yum! Tami was to meet up with us after the tour but it took a bit of time to connect with her so Mack and I went and did a couple rides. As it turns out, Tami was in the park and doing rides already.

The International Flower and Garden Festival was happening at Epcot, which means that there were beautiful flowers and topiaries everywhere. It was so pretty and smelled so good. Here are some of my favourites.















 Epcot - home of Future World and the World Showcase. We did a bit of both today.

Today was also about Mackenzie's birthday dinner. I had made reservations on line at Teppan Edo, the Japanese restaurant where they grill right at your table. Mack loved this place and the food was just as fantastic as the show. He was treated like a King! Given a chef's hat, sang to, and give cake! It was awesome.
Our chef was so funny and really made Mack feel special. More fun could not be had!


Happy Birthday Mack!

Onion Volcano!
I wish I could remember his name, he was great!
Yum! beef, shrimp, chicken, veggies
Before dinner we watched IllumiNations show from the Japanese Pavilion. Great location to see it from by the way.
It was a full day and we managed to see and do a lot. I could write lots more and add more pictures, but I'll save them for the second day that we went to Epcot.

It was a very magical day. :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is James and I saw your pictures looking for pictures of the epcot seas aqua tour and i've ride your blog it looks like you had a wonderful time at epcot. Epcot is really one of my favorite parks along with seaworld which i know isn't disney. But I was hoping to get a little more information about the seas aqua tour. See my GF(she doesn't know we're doing this) and me are going to be taking the tour this coming up Friday hopefully and I was wonderina about like pictures and if you had to walk through the public in order for to get into the tank. I've read a few other people who has done this and had to walk through the public. Am just very curious about this. Please email me back at james.shannon021@gmail.com if you could if not thanks and I hope i have a wonderful experiance as you did.

    ReplyDelete